- Table View
- List View
One decade ago, best-selling authors Stephen Arterburn and Jack Felton exposed the dangers of what they called "toxic faith," helping countless believers to understand and overcome their religious misconceptions. Now, drawing upon an additional ten years of observation and experience, these authors go one step further, offering new insights and a positive approach to the dilemma in this long-awaited follow-up to their ground-breaking work. Be set free from man-made rules, "churchianity," and legalistic religion.Learn to recognize serious misinterpretations of vital biblical concepts such as "accountability."Return to the roots of a strong, obedient, yet grace-filled relationship with your Creator.To all who want to enter into deeper joy, fuller obedience, greater influence, and a healthier experience of God, More Jesus, Less Religion points the way back to the grace of the Lord and shows what it takes to avoid the pitfalls of toxic faith.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Experiencing Healing from Painful Spiritual AbuseWhen religion becomes a means to avoid or control life, it becomes toxic. Those who possess a toxic faith have stepped across the line from a balanced perspective of God to an unbalanced faith in a weak, powerless or uncaring God. They seek a God to fix every mess, prevent every hurt, and mend every conflict.Toxic Faith distinguishes between a healthy faith and a misguided religiosity that traps believers in an addictive practice of religion. It shows how unbalanced ministries, misguided churches, and unscrupulous leaders can lead their followers away from God and into a desolate experience of religion that drives many to despair. Toxic Faith shows readers how to find hope for a return to genuine, healthy faith that can add meaning to life. In the words of the author, "I want to help you throw out that toxic faith and bring you back to the real thing."From the Trade Paperback edition.
Well-meaning people can turn religion into an addiction, an addiction that can be used to avoid pain, reality and fear. This is toxic faith. This book deals with overcoming such faith.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.