- Table View
- List View
After a tragic accident kills their parents, Meg and Susan come to live in suburbia with a distant aunt. Little do they know that their lives are about to get infinitely worse.
The year is 1969. Three small town teenagers are bound together by an act of terror one of them committed four years before. A local cop can't let this unsolved crime rest. Something must give.
September. A beautiful New York editor retreats to a lonely cabin on a hill in the quiet Maine beach town of Dead River-off season-awaiting her sister and friends. Nearby, a savage human family with a taste for flesh lurks in the darkening woods, watching, waiting for the moon to rise and night to fall. And before too many hours pass, five civilized, sophisticated people and one tired old country sheriff will learn just how primitive we all are beneath the surface, and that there are no limits at all to the will to survive.
The sheriff of Dead River thought he had killed them off ten years ago-a cave-dwelling tribe of cannibals. But somehow the clan survived. And now the residents of this isolated town are fighting for their lives....
Contents: Rifle -- Box -- Mail order -- Luck -- Haunt -- Megan's law -- If memory serves -- Father and son -- Business -- Mother and daughter -- When the penny drops -- Rabid squirrels in love -- Sundays -- Twins -- Amid the walking wounded -- Great San Diego sleazy blimbo massacre -- Holding cell -- Work -- Best -- Redemption -- Exit at Toledo Blade Boulevard -- Chain letter -- Forever -- Gone -- Closing time -- Rose -- Turning -- To suit the crime -- Line, or like Franco, Elvis is dead -- Visitor -- Snakes -- Firedance.
Three teenaged boys kill a man's dog for no good reason. The man seeks justice, following the letter of the law ... read on to find out what happens.
Amidst the beauty of the landscape, Lelia, a gorgeous but dangerous woman, befriends a group of tourists... to lure them into a nightmare of pain and terror.
A whacko walking into a workplace after first making a threatening phone call ("I'm gonna get you") serves as the premise for each of the three novellas in this grisly anthology.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.