- Table View
- List View
Only one man has the power to stop the bloodshed. August 1888. Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Charles Warren has a precious artefact, dating back to the very earliest days of human history, in his possession. Sent to Jerusalem to survey and explore the ancient religious sites there, he found the solid gold object while excavating a hidden chamber under the Temple Mount, and smuggled it back to England. When a mysterious stranger pays a visit, Warren is terrified to discover that the man is on the trail of the ancient relic. He denies all knowledge of the object, little realising just how far the stranger is prepared to go to destroy him and recover the artefact. The first murder takes place in Whitechapel - a prostitute, Martha Tabram, is found stabbed to death. And then the 'Ripper' strikes again. As the body count rises, and the Metropolitan Police scour the streets of Whitechapel in a vain attempt to apprehend the killer, Warren faces a terrible choice. He alone holds the key to the Ripper's identity, but is he willing to sacrifice his career and reputation to bring a murderer to justice? [pack shot of THE TITANIC SECRET]
Published to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic A covert operation with catastrophic global consequences collides with fate in this ingeniously inventive novel of conspiracy, subterfuge, and murder unfurling against a factual, tragic, and heart-stopping moment in history. THE TITANIC SECRET April 1912: Shortly after midnight on Wilhelmstrasse in Berlin, mere yards from the British Embassy, an English spy is shot after a clandestine meeting with a German government official. He utters three cryptic words to a sentry, then dies. It's an ambush as calculated and cold-blooded as the scheme it helps set in motion. For Gunther Voss, a tyrannical German financier who has amassed a fortune in mining, it's the biggest gamble he has ever undertaken: commit America to joining forces with Germany against Great Britain, destroy an empire, and secure for himself the invaluable South African mining concessions currently controlled by the British. It would make the formidable Voss, already a figure of both fear and admiration in America, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world. Even as devious, self-seeking, and unthinkable as the plan is, with an alliance as strong as America and Germany, it's more than possible--it's inevitable. It has fallen on the unique talents of Alex Tremayne of Britain's Secret Service Bureau and beautiful Maria Weston, a pioneering, fearless, and experienced American agent currently working in Britain, to stop Voss dead in his tracks. Traveling undercover as man and wife, their mission is to neutralize Voss's plan before he reaches the States. And they'll be tracking Voss's every move on the eventful transatlantic journey in unparalleled luxury, occupying a first class suite on board the Titanic, on her heralded maiden voyage from Southampton to the Port of New York. But Tremayne and Weston are unprepared for the explosive plays of fate that await them, as well as their prey, over the next few nights of their doomed journey. For the ever-shifting dedication to duty and the choices between life and death will become more immediate, more intimate, more demanding, and far more treacherous than they could ever have imagined.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.