- Table View
- List View
With fresh interpretations from two new authors, wholly reconceived themes, and a wealth of cutting-edge scholarship, the Fifth Edition of America: A Concise History is designed to work perfectly with the way you teach the survey today. Building on the book's hallmark strengths -- balance, explanatory power, and a brief-yet-comprehensive narrative -- as well as its outstanding full-color visuals and built-in primary sources, authors James Henretta, Rebecca Edwards, and Robert Self have shaped America into the ideal brief book for the modern survey course, at a value that can't be beat.
In order for students to succeed in an AP U. S. history course, they need to understand not only what happened, but also why it happened. "America's History" has long been praised as a text that helps students to think critically about history and analyze both how and why historical events have occurred. "America's History" deftly weaves together political, social, and cultural history in a narrative that students find accessible and engaging. Exceptional pedagogical support -- overviews, maps, figures, illustrations, and embedded documents -- are carefully integrated to encourage the development of students' historical skills. "America's History" is the text that covers not only the facts, but also the skills that students need to have success in the AP U. S. history course. Need help with the audit? Click here to download an AP correlation.
America's History helps students understand the world in which we live, by drawing links between events in the United States and those elsewhere.
America's History offers a thematic approach and skills-oriented pedagogy that helps students succeed in the redesigned AP U.S. History course. Known for its attention to AP themes and content, the new edition features a new nine part structure closely aligned with the chronology of the new AP U.S. History course, an expanded documents program, LearningCurve--an online adaptive learning tool that reinforces students' reading--and a wealth of supporting resources and digital options that give teachers and students the tools they need to master the course and the new exam.
America's History offers a thematic approach and skills-oriented pedagogy that helps students succeed in the redesigned AP U. S. History course. Known for its attention to AP themes and content, the new edition features a new nine part structure closely aligned with the chronology of the new AP U. S. History course, an expanded documents program, LearningCurve--an online adaptive learning tool that reinforces students' reading--and a wealth of supporting resources and digital options that give teachers and students the tools they need to master the course and the new exam. View a sample chapter. *AP is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
High School AP U.S. history textbook
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.