- Table View
- List View
When Randal and his best friend, Lys, are invited to join the theater troupe in the court of a kind and wealthy prince, they think they have it made! But Randal soon stumbles upon a plot against the prince and discovers that his wizardry skills are needed now more than ever. Can Randal expose the prince's enemies before it's too late?
Three human companions journey to to Elfland to bring back the High King's Daughter. 6th and final book in first Magic Circle Series.
Randal, a journeyman wizard, jeopardizes his powers when he joins Baron Ector's armies in a siege of Bell Castle.
Randal thought he wanted to be a wizard. Just before noon, Randal found Madoc in the tower. The wizard was reading a small, leather-bound book. "What is it, lad?" asked Madoc, not looking up. I want to be a wizard like you," Randal told him. "How can you want to be a wizard, boy? You haven't got the foggiest idea of what it's all about" Madoc rose and stood glaring down at Randal. "You'll spend most of your life with just enough power to get you into trouble. You'll be hungry more often than you're fed. You'll spend more time in danger on the road than safe under a roof. And maybe you'll survive it all and live to be old and white-bearded and wise-but if you do, most of your friends will have died a long time before. Go back downstairs to your uncle, lad, and one day you'll make a fine knight Wizardry is no life for you." Randal went, but he felt restless and uneasy. Even if wizardry was as hard as Madoc said, it was still the only thing he wanted.
What's a wizard without magic? Randal broke his promise the vow that all apprentice wizards must take never to use a weapon. Now Randal can graduate from the School of Wizardry only on one condition: that he not use magic until he is pardoned by a master wizard. Randal must travel to the wizard's faraway tower ... a journey made all the more perilous because he may use neither sword nor magic for protection. When Randal finally reaches the mysterious tower, it appears to be abandoned. But he soon discovers that the building holds a deadly secret.... The second in a four book series.
The castle stood in isolation at the top of a steep slope on a spur of bare granite. Blocks of the same gray stone formed the castle's walls and its two great towers, one higher than the other, rising above the central keep.
Randal opened the door and stepped into his room-only to come to a sudden halt on the other side of the threshold. Magic! But this magic was strange, like nothing he had known before. Randal looked around the room, which was lit by an eerie, blue-white glow "Wizard . . ." The faint whisper came from his bed, over in the corner. Randal looked and saw a man lying there, his features drawn and ashen in the cold blue light. Randal forced himself to go over to the cot and grasp the man by the shoulder. The young wizard pulled his hand back quickly. He's dying, he realized. He's dying of magic. The third in the series of four books
On a world not his own, in a life he had never anticipated, Arekhon sus-Khalgath sus-Peledaen slept and sleeping, dreamed. In his dream he knelt in the meditation chamber of the starship Night's-Beautiful-Daughter, where he had not gone in his waking body for over a dozen years. His staff, a cubit and a half of black wood bound with silver, lay on the deck in front of him, and all around him the Daughter vibrated with the urgency of her passage through the Void.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.