- Table View
- List View
"Technology: Engineering & Design" helps students understand and apply technology presented in an engineering context. It describes the engineering design process and how it is used to solve technological challenges. In this program students explore the nature of technology, technology systems, and the history, evolution, and characteristics of technology as well as its impact on our society, culture, economy, politics, and environment.
Technology: Today and Tomorrow is a technology literacy textbook for high school. It uses the systems approach (input, process, output, feedback) to inform students about communication and bio-related technology. The text teaches students about the nature of technology and its role in our lives. It provides information about the history and evolution of technology; the characteristics of technology; and its impact on our society, culture, economy, politics and environment. Hands-on activities give students experience in designing and using technology. "Directed" activities provide step-by-step procedures. "Design and problem solving" activities guide students to use the problem-solving process to develop their own solutions. Cross-curricular activities in the Chapter Review pages relate technology to other subjects, such as science, mathematics, language arts and social studies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.