- Table View
- List View
Help. . . . Cubicle Life Is Killing Me! Leaving no stone unturned, no ergonomic chair unadjusted, and no leftovers in the communal fridge uneaten, this hilarious guide to cubicle life will be the salvation for the more than forty million Americans stuck in cubicles. By turns uproariously funny and enormously useful, each chapter tackles a different area of cubicle life and includes a "cube tip," a quiz, illustrations, and examples that will have you laughing out loud. Discover * how not to disturb colleagues with unwanted sounds and smells, such as the crunch-crunch of your sour-cream-and-onion chips and the unmistakable odor of your spicy Thai shrimp * how to knock when visiting other cubicles and how to devise politically correct ways of saying "Do not disturb" * the do's and definite don'ts of cubicle decoration * how to set up a security system that will rebuff potential thieves The Cubicle Survival Guidecould very well change your life and set you climbing the corporate ladder to success!* * Results not guaranteed. Pay raises and promotions are up to your boss, but using this book couldn't hurt. Praise forThe Cubicle Survival Guide: "A spiritual air conditioner for the cubicled soul. " -- Turk Regan, author ofPimp My Cubicle:Take Your Workspace from Boring to Bling! "James Thompson'sThe Cubicle Survival Guideoffers the rare, and definitely appreciated, combination of laugh-out-loud humor and sound advice for surviving the jungle that is Corporate America. On some days, there's nothing more motivating to fresh air-starved cube dwellers than a book that will simply crack them up. This is that book. " -- Alexandra Levit, Author,TheyDon't Teach Corporate in College "If you must work (and I don't recommend it),The Cubicle Survival Guideprovides a wonderful way to slack off and stay entertained. You can easily kill two weeks with this book. " -- Josh Aiello, Author,60 People to Avoid at the Water Cooler "Thompson provides a humorous yet thought-provoking look at what employees in today's large organizations must deal withbesidestheir jobs. " -- Malcolm O. Munro, Author,From Cave to Cubicle From the Trade Paperback edition.
Absinthe's renaissance is quickly growing into a culinary movement. The "Green Fairy" is now showing up on cocktail menus at chic restaurants around the country. A Taste for Absinthe celebrates this storied and complex liquor by bringing you 65 cocktail recipes from America's hottest mixologists to enjoy as you discover the spirit that has fascinated artists, musicians, and writers for centuries.Absinthe expert R. Winston Guthrie shares the intriguing history of this famous beverage and a wide range of absinthe cocktails crafted by celebrated bartenders such as Jim Meehan of New York's PDT, Erik Adkins of San Francisco's Slanted Door, and Eric Alperin of The Varnish in Los Angeles. In addition to the recipes--such as the Salute to Sazerac (with rye whiskey, Angostura bitters, and lemon peel) and the Green Goddess (fresh basil leaves, cucumber vodka, simple syrup, line juice, and fresh thyme)--you will find: - a primer on the accoutrements (spoons, glasses, fountains) for serving absinthe- a how-to on executing your own absinthe drip- a guide to buying the best-quality absinthe (whether imported or domestic)- a lesson on how to discern between real absinthe and fake - sidebars on absinthe's rich history Whether you want to learn everything you need to know to host "L'Heure Verte" (the Green Hour) and impress your friends with your beautiful accoutrements and practiced pouring technique, or just make a really delicious drink, A Taste for Absinthe will bring you up to speed on the most talked about liquor in history.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.