From School to Work helps students make smooth transitions from their classrooms to meaningful jobs. The text emphasizes the skills students need to succeed in school, at work, and on their own.
School to Career helps prepare students to achieve success in high school, college, career, and life. In this text, students are presented with information they need today to make career choices tomorrow. In order to prepare students for their future, twenty-first century life and career skills are introduced in the text as well as personal skills, decision-making skills, technology skills, and employability skills. Skills for success such as teamwork and problem solving, communicating on the job, and leadership are also covered. Opportunities are presented to research careers using the 16 national career clusters, as established by the States' Career Clusters Initiative, to help define future goals. As part of the learning process, students will assess graduation plans and explore college and other post-secondary programs that might help them reach their goals. College access and funding an education are also covered. School to Career is the first step for preparing for the challenges faced after graduation. By studying this text, students will be able to make the most of their study time and learn how to prepare for the future.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.