- Table View
- List View
Here's a fascinating look behind the scenes of one of the world's busiest airports. You'll meet pilots, policemen, air traffic controllers, flight attendants, chaplains and a host of others besides. Learn how this sprawling, ill-planned airport, long past its glory days, really ticks. Learn about the crash of Eastern flight 66. Follow the swift demise of twa and visit with the birdman of John f. Kennedy airport. An enthralling, nonfiction book that you won't want to put down.
Before the string of hit songs, the Rat Pack, and the stellar movie career, Dean Martin spent ten years partnering Jerry Lewis in one of the most successful double acts of show business history. In this wise-cracking yet candid memoir, Lewis recalls with crystal clarity the highs and lows of his relationship with Dean: remembering their first meeting on a New York street corner one spring afternoon, the early improvised performances in mob owned nightclubs, and the giddy days of Hollywood super-stardom, when it seemed the couples high-rolling lifestyle would last for ever. It didn't. On July 24th 1956, Dean and Jerry split and the two men weren't to speak to one another for twenty years. Jerry Lewis is one of the few surviving Hollywood legends from the period and he is a wonderful raconteur whose tales reveal much about Dean Martin's craftsmanship and enigmatic charm. In his own unique voice he evokes all the glamour of the era - the casinos, the endless pranks, the cocktails, the mobsters, and the women. He writes movingly too of the thrill of the youthful duo's sudden, startling success, and the slow sad erosion of the fun that followed.
Bestselling author Kaplan redefines Frank Sinatra in a triumphant new biography that includes many rarely seen photographs. He reveals Sinatra as man, as a musician, and as a tortured genius.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.