- Table View
- List View
The evaluation of potential mutagenic activity is a critical step in the assessment of the safety of both new and pre-existing chemical types. In Genetic Toxicology: Principles and Methods, expert contributors help to satisfy the demand for education in this tremendously important area of study. The volume covers three basic areas: the scientific basis of the discipline, the methodologies of the main test assays, and the application of the methods, all aimed primarily at scientists in the safety departments of the industries working with both natural and synthetic chemicals. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Intuitive and cutting-edge, Genetic Toxicology: Principles and Methods provides crucial support to both laboratory workers in providing quality information on the appropriate application of techniques and to study directors in their assay selection and protocol design in this vital field.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.