- Table View
- List View
Many people see their lives playing out like a movie they cannot control. They have come to feel like spectators watching a story unfold, unable to stop the stampeding consequences. They feel the die is cast, and nothing they do can alter the outcome. James MacDonald believes that is a lie. In 10 Choices he says, while people are where they are in life because of the choices they've made, they don't have to stay there. This book is about getting beyond self-help and blame shifting and changing at the deepest and most profound level...the will.A person's will is what he uses to choose and act. This book helps readers to discover the heights to which their wills, truly surrendered to God, can actually soar and the "10 choices" that can take them there. This impactful book will prompt readers to make 10 Choices that are sure to change their lives forever.
A legacy from a dying stranger sends fifteen-year-old journeyman wizard Randal on a dangerous journey to find the rightful place of an artifact of power, which tempts him to succumb to its tainted magic.
Called to duty at last, Lieutenant John Nevis faces his assignment with trepidation. Boarding the USS Nicodemus--a sloop of war built in a single night at the top of the world--Nevis wonders uneasily at its strange aura of power, its cannonballs of virgin brass . . . and its uncanny ability to glide swiftly through the waters without steam or sail. As great armies clash all around them, the mission of Lieutenant Nevis and the Nicodemus crew is shrouded in an impenetrable gray mist of magic and malevolence. For a fearsome adversary awaits on roiling waves--an awesomely powerful vessel fueled by cruelty and terror; a demon raider driven by an insatiable lust . . . for blood.
The union is doomed, its death foretold in the fever dreams of Mary Todd Lincoln . . . As a great nation's destiny is being written in blood on the battlefields of Pea Ridge and Shiloh, a grim tomorrow is foreseen by a deeply troubled first lady and interpreted by her best friend, Mercy, herself an accomplished seer. But hope appears out of the mist with the arrival of Thomas, a mysterious stranger with an astonishing mastery over time and space. Against the backdrop of the Civil War's greatest events, these three must join together to salvage a future with the aid of unlikely collaborators: the uncannily gifted Confederate captain Cole Younger, his notorious career as a bank robber as yet undetermined, and President Lincoln himself, called upon to willingly make the ultimate sacrifice. And the key to their desperate endeavor lies in a mysterious image from Mrs. Lincoln's tortured visions-a magical sword which, when wielded, will bring redemption . . . or destruction.
A fifteen-year-old journeyman wizard needs all the magic he has thus far learned when he and his companion Lys are drawn into the political problems of a good and powerful prince.
After breaking the oldest law in wizardry while trying to save the School of Wizardry from destruction, fifteen-year-old Randal is made a journeyman wizard but is not allowed to use his magic, no matter how great the need, until he gets permission from the wizard Balpesh living as a hermit in the far off eastern mountains.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.