- Table View
- List View
Concise and practical yet comprehensive, this unique book provides a clear framework and a range of up-to-date tools for assessing patients with eating disorders. Leading clinicians and researchers describe the nuts and bolts of using diagnostic interviews, standardized databases, structured instruments, self-report and family-based measures, medical and nutritional assessment, ecological momentary assessment, and strategies for evaluating body image disturbance. Concrete examples and sample forms are included throughout, and the concluding chapter discusses how to use assessment data in individualized treatment planning.
This innovative scientific reference and clinical tool is virtually two books in one. Part I thoroughly yet succinctly reviews the literature on binge-eating disorder, covering diagnosis and epidemiology, clinical features and course, links to obesity, medical risks, and current treatment data. Part II provides an evidence-based cognitive-behavioral treatment manual. Session-by-session guidelines address how to help individuals or groups change their eating behavior, cope with emotional triggers, restructure problematic thoughts, deal with body image concerns and associated problems, maintain improvement, and prevent relapse. Featured are more than 40 clearly explained homework assignments and handouts, all in a large-size format with permission to photocopy.
Eminently practical and authoritative, this comprehensive clinical handbook brings together leading international experts on eating disorders to describe the most effective treatments and how to implement them. Coverage encompasses psychosocial, family-based, medical, and nutritional therapies for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge-eating disorder, and other eating disorders and disturbances. Especially noteworthy are "mini-manuals" that present the nuts and bolts of 11 of the treatment approaches, complete with reproducible handouts and forms. The volume also provides an overview of assessment, treatment planning, and medical management issues. Special topics include psychiatric comorbidities, involuntary treatment, support for caregivers, childhood eating disorders, and new directions in treatment research and evaluation.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.