- Table View
- List View
In this hard-hitting look at the way media and government conspire to protect the status quo, controversial ambush journalist James O'Keefe shows the reader what happens when a young citizen journalist challenges some of America's most powerful and protected organizations.James O'Keefe has been on the front lines of journalism since his student days at Rutgers. In Breakthrough, he takes the reader through his effrts to expose the duplicity of Planned Parenthood, ACORN, Medicaid, NPR, the New Jersey Educational Association, labor unions and politicians. He shows how the major media slandered him at almost every turn, how state officials harassed him, and how federal officials arrested him and his colleagues on contrived charges in New Orleans. While still on federal probation, legal necessity forced O'Keefe to train an army of citizen journalists to take on what mentor Andrew Breitbart called his "most consequential" investigation to date: a series of video stings that revealed the total vulnerability of American elections to vote fraud. O'Keefe tells the story of his team's harrowing adventures, as O'Keefe learns that we are not nearly as free a people as we think we are. Breakthrough shows the opportunity that still exists for independent journalists to break through the media firewall, reshape public opinion, and inspire political reform.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.