- Table View
- List View
The Blessed Trinity takes an in-depth look at the mystery of the Blessed Trinity as revealed in Sacred Scripture. Analyzing the Divine Life of God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--it presents a detailed look at the Person of Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of Divine Revelation, the role of the * Holy Spirit in the Christian life, and how we can know the Father through the Son. It also examines the Christian vocation and how God invites us to be in communion with him.
The eternal Father, by a free and hidden plan of His own wisdom and goodness, created the whole world. His plan was to raise men to a participation of the divine life.
In this new Didache Series textbook entitled Faith and Revelation, Dr. Scott' Hahn presents the Church's teaching regarding Divine Revelation. His straight forward and practical approach shows how faith and reason work together, the supernatural complementing and building on the natural.
This first book of the Didache Series explains what it means to be Catholic. The book presents Church Prayer Holiness The Trinity The Blessed Virgin Mary Sacred Scripture The Ten Commandments The Sacraments and more The Didache Series presents the life and doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church in the context of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the teachings of Vatican II. The series draws from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Sacred Scripture, the lives of the saints, the Fathers of the Church, and the teachings of Vatican II as witnessed by the pontificate of Pope John Paul II. This series is designed for high school and adult education, seminaries and colleges, RCIA, catechism classes, and home schooling.
Introduction to Catholicism, 2nd Edition, contains the same Catholic teaching found in the popular original textbook, with expanded topics. Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, this text covers the basic tenets of the Faith and what it means to be Catholic; to include an additional 200+ pages, a new design layout, and additional pieces of full-color liturgical art. Topics include: The Holy Catholic Church The Blessed Trinity The Paschal Mystery The Blessed Virgin Mary The Sacraments and Prayer Christian Morality and the Universal Call to Holiness New chapter on Social Doctrine This textbook is published with ecclesiastical approval from the Archdiocese of Chicago.
You will find a tremendous mystery of faith in the heart of The Mystery of Redemption and Christian Discipleship by Father Peter Armenio and James Socias.
Our Moral Life in Christ focuses the intellectual, moral, and formational development in living a life joined to the Mystery of our Lord. This foundation affords the Christian with the only true alternative to a world which often rejects the spiritual and substitutes its own brand of convenience for that which is "right" and "true."
Moral Life in Christ spells out the concepts of Catholic faith, human freedom, catechism and the commandments.
This text book is about the theology of the seven sacraments as perceived by the Catholic Church.
This book by Dr. Scott Hahn presents a Catholic approach to Scripture, highlighting the theme of covenant. Tracing a path through salvation history, the book explains the various books of the Bible and the importance of each event in salvation history. Understanding the Scriptures will provide an understanding of Sacred Scripture so critical to the Catholic Faith.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.