Big Fiction Advice from a Little Book There is nothing little about the dynamic fiction-writing advice insideThe Writer's Little Helper. With big ideas, time-saving tips, and revision-made-easy charts, James V. Smith, Jr. offers effective guidance in short, easily checklists, Q&As, and practical tools. This book gives you everything you need to: Create great characters Maintain a compelling pace Craft believable dialogue Expand your creativity Revise your work to perfection Attract agent's and editor's attention And much, much more! The unique format of the book allows you to read from start to finish or to focus just on areas where your fiction needs work. With valuable and surprising tips on every page,The Writer's Little Helperis sure to become your biggest fiction writing aid.
Turn Your Big Idea into a Salable Novel Do you have an idea for a great novel? Have you always dreamed of writing a bestseller? Are you at a loss for where to start? Look no further. You Can Write a Novel, 2nd Edition, gives you concrete, proven techniques to get from idea, to manuscript, to bookstore. Veteran author James V. Smith, Jr. , breaks down the novel writing process into ten logical steps. You'll start building the foundation for your book right away by taking your story's three most importance incidents from brainstorm to final draft perfection. Smith's approach will guide you through a practical sequence designed to keep you focused, organized, and moving forward. You Can Write a Novel skillfully and simply addresses the essentials, such as plot, character, setting, dialogue, and action. You'll learn how to generate a salable idea, develop your idea into a framework, and build your framework into a finished manuscript. This edition includes new brainstorming tools, fresh plot and character organization strategies, and innovative tools to evaluate your story's readability and pacing-plus, you'll find the one-word key to every best-selling novel. And, as always, Smith's upbeat, accessible style will cheer you on from start to finish.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.