- Table View
- List View
Designed as a text not only for students and researchers, but anyone interested in green technology, Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts offers the reader a vast overview of the state-of-the-art in renewable energies. The typical chapter sets out to explain the fundamentals of a new technology as well as providing its context in the greater field. With contributions from nearly 100 leading researchers across the globe, the text serves as an important and timely look into this rapidly expanding field. The 40 chapters that comprise Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts are handily organized into the following 8 sections: · Introduction and Brazil's biofuel success · Smokeless biomass pyrolysis for advanced biofuels production and global biochar carbon sequestration · Cellulosic Biofuels · Photobiological production of advanced biofuels with synthetic biology · Lipids-based biodiesels · Life-cycle energy and economics analysis · High-value algal products and biomethane · Electrofuels
In recent years, large-scale advances in technology have led to greater understanding of the world on a much tinier scale: the biomolecular level. In Micro and Nano Technologies in Bioanalysis: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers from across the globe explore the technology which makes this analysis possible, investigating the worlds of microfluidics and nanotechnologies, and examining physical science techniques for the separation, detection, manipulation, and analysis of biomolecules. This volume contains innovative protocols on the application of microfluidics and the utilization of physical science-related technologies that will prove to be invaluable in the field of molecular biology. Chapters contain cutting edge applications of emerging nanotechnologies, including quantum dots and molecular fluorescence for the imaging and tracking of biomolecules. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and groundbreaking, Micro and Nano Technologies in Bioanalysis: Methods and Protocols is a necessary tool for cellular biologists, biochemists, microbiologists, geneticists and medical researchers alike.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.