- Table View
- List View
In order for students to succeed in an AP U. S. history course, they need to understand not only what happened, but also why it happened. "America's History" has long been praised as a text that helps students to think critically about history and analyze both how and why historical events have occurred. "America's History" deftly weaves together political, social, and cultural history in a narrative that students find accessible and engaging. Exceptional pedagogical support -- overviews, maps, figures, illustrations, and embedded documents -- are carefully integrated to encourage the development of students' historical skills. "America's History" is the text that covers not only the facts, but also the skills that students need to have success in the AP U. S. history course. Need help with the audit? Click here to download an AP correlation.
America's History helps students understand the world in which we live, by drawing links between events in the United States and those elsewhere.
America's History offers a thematic approach and skills-oriented pedagogy that helps students succeed in the redesigned AP U. S. History course. Known for its attention to AP themes and content, the new edition features a new nine part structure closely aligned with the chronology of the new AP U. S. History course, an expanded documents program, LearningCurve--an online adaptive learning tool that reinforces students' reading--and a wealth of supporting resources and digital options that give teachers and students the tools they need to master the course and the new exam. View a sample chapter. *AP is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.