- Table View
- List View
Written in a readable style, this text introduces students to the operations underlying multiple-camera video production. In addition to covering technological skills and equipment, the text also emphasizes the importance of interpersonal skills, teamwork, and professionalism. Early chapters of the text overview the differences between studio, field, and remote truck production, review the duties of cast and crew, and outline crucial producing and directing functions. These chapters are followed by seven equipment chapters, and a final chapter on field production. B&w photos, drawings, chapter exercises, and a glossary are included. This tenth edition is revised and reorganized to take into account recent changes in the field of video production, with increased emphasis on digital and high-definition formats. It features annotated screen shot examples of nonlinear editing programs, information on preparing video for use on the Internet and portable devices, and additional emphasis throughout on video production for newscasts. There is also updated coverage of various file formats for traditional and alternate content delivery systems. A companion web site contains interactive exercises, review quizzes, flash cards for vocabulary review, downloadable sample forms, and video and audio clips demonstrating principles and techniques. Gross is affiliated with California State University-Fullerton. Foust is head of the Broadcast Journalism sequence in the Department of Journalism at Bowling Green State University. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.