- Table View
- List View
When Randal and his best friend, Lys, are invited to join the theater troupe in the court of a kind and wealthy prince, they think they have it made! But Randal soon stumbles upon a plot against the prince and discovers that his wizardry skills are needed now more than ever. Can Randal expose the prince's enemies before it's too late?
Three human companions journey to to Elfland to bring back the High King's Daughter. 6th and final book in first Magic Circle Series.
Randal, a journeyman wizard, jeopardizes his powers when he joins Baron Ector's armies in a siege of Bell Castle.
Randal thought he wanted to be a wizard. Just before noon, Randal found Madoc in the tower. The wizard was reading a small, leather-bound book. "What is it, lad?" asked Madoc, not looking up. I want to be a wizard like you," Randal told him. "How can you want to be a wizard, boy? You haven't got the foggiest idea of what it's all about" Madoc rose and stood glaring down at Randal. "You'll spend most of your life with just enough power to get you into trouble. You'll be hungry more often than you're fed. You'll spend more time in danger on the road than safe under a roof. And maybe you'll survive it all and live to be old and white-bearded and wise-but if you do, most of your friends will have died a long time before. Go back downstairs to your uncle, lad, and one day you'll make a fine knight Wizardry is no life for you." Randal went, but he felt restless and uneasy. Even if wizardry was as hard as Madoc said, it was still the only thing he wanted.
What's a wizard without magic? Randal broke his promise the vow that all apprentice wizards must take never to use a weapon. Now Randal can graduate from the School of Wizardry only on one condition: that he not use magic until he is pardoned by a master wizard. Randal must travel to the wizard's faraway tower ... a journey made all the more perilous because he may use neither sword nor magic for protection. When Randal finally reaches the mysterious tower, it appears to be abandoned. But he soon discovers that the building holds a deadly secret.... The second in a four book series.
The castle stood in isolation at the top of a steep slope on a spur of bare granite. Blocks of the same gray stone formed the castle's walls and its two great towers, one higher than the other, rising above the central keep.
Randal opened the door and stepped into his room-only to come to a sudden halt on the other side of the threshold. Magic! But this magic was strange, like nothing he had known before. Randal looked around the room, which was lit by an eerie, blue-white glow "Wizard . . ." The faint whisper came from his bed, over in the corner. Randal looked and saw a man lying there, his features drawn and ashen in the cold blue light. Randal forced himself to go over to the cot and grasp the man by the shoulder. The young wizard pulled his hand back quickly. He's dying, he realized. He's dying of magic. The third in the series of four books
On a world not his own, in a life he had never anticipated, Arekhon sus-Khalgath sus-Peledaen slept and sleeping, dreamed. In his dream he knelt in the meditation chamber of the starship Night's-Beautiful-Daughter, where he had not gone in his waking body for over a dozen years. His staff, a cubit and a half of black wood bound with silver, lay on the deck in front of him, and all around him the Daughter vibrated with the urgency of her passage through the Void.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.