- Table View
- List View
James Douglas Barron offers humorous, practical advice for the guy who has trouble making commitment. Telling his one story of dating and engagement, he tackles the problems that plague millions of men: "Is She The One?" "No Other Woman for the Rest of My Life?" "Will We Love Each Other When We're Shriveled Up Old Raisins?" Barron gives the quick, invaluable tips on how to get over the hurdle of proposal, engagement, planning the wedding, and getting to the altar.
She's had the Baby, you're a daddy -- now what? James Barron draws on his own experience, the experiences of countless others, and on insights from mothers on what they think new fathers should know to offer advice on balancing the demands of being a good father and a good husband, from the infant through the toddler years. He includes tips on: recapturing the romantic days of just the two of you vacationing with toddlers distinguishing between needing to call the pediatrician and pestering the pediatrician having sex while your 1-1/2 year-old is in the house Hardly a standard child-rearing book, She's Had a Baby doesn't diagnose allergies or suggest developmentally appropriate toys. Rather, in bite-sized observations, Barron champions the joys and anxieties of daddyhood, while helping a man to cope with the ups and downs a relationship can go through during this time.
Insider tips and advice for men on the roller-coaster ride called pregnancy and childbirth--the ideal gift for any expectant Father's Day James Barron, two-time dad, has written a funny, down-to-earth, and practical book that every man needs when his wife is expecting a baby. He offers suggestions on what to do (and how to act!) from those first moments of anticipation to the main event, including: Helping her deal with her physical and emotional changes Early pregnancy sex (getting used to the new constraints) Keeping up with insurance papers and other forms Dealing with your fears that something will go wrong Middle pregnancy sex (enjoyable surprise!) The top ten things never to say to a pregnant woman Questions you should ask the obstetrician Late pregnancy sex (challenging, but possible) Starting out--the first six weeks of fatherhood This unique book will bring a smile or two to the men--and to the women who love them--while providing precious assistance to make pregnancy the experience of a lifetime.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.