- Table View
- List View
President George W. Bush dubbed Karl Rove "The Architect" for his skill in creating an unprecedented campaign and fund-raising machine. But Rove's ambitions have always been far more sweeping--to build a right-wing dynasty that can dominate American politics for decades. Rove's master plan imagines a political system so controlled by Republicans that it is resisted only by symbolic opposition. InThe Architect, James Moore and Wayne Slater, the bestselling authors ofBush's Brain, return with an even more penetrating examination of Rove, his sweeping agenda, and the price he may have to pay for his audacity. Drawing on their decades-long study of Rove, they provide a rarely seen view of the politics of absolute power in Washington--how it is acquired, expanded, and turned to startling ends. Specifically, they unveil how Rove: * Used lobbyist Jack Abramoff as a cat's-paw to manage unruly legislators * Energetically led the antigay marriage movement while protecting a family secret that made his stance bizarrely cynical * Turned Christian churches into a gigantic vote delivery system, despite privately admitting to being a nonbeliever * Repeatedly leaked information to harm political opponents, making him the man investigators most wanted to talk to when they began probing the Plame affair * Was intimately involved in an international disinformation scheme to lead America to war The Architectis an eye-opening and frequently shocking report on the maneuverings of a brilliant but morally ambiguous political strategist, and the first-ever in-depth look at a political operative striving to absolutely control the future--even if he risks losing everything. Also available as an eBook
The author discusses all aspects of this topic, giving examples of all aspects and Scripture readings.
The most powerful man in America may not be George W. Bush. It is probably Karl Rove, the President s brilliant advisor. Who is this man and how did he acquire so much power? Having watched in awe for over fifteen years as they reported on the rise of Karl Rove, Moore and Slater expose the brutal and sometimes morally questionable, but invariably effective ways in which Karl Rove-and America s political system-actually operate.
A 7-week Lenten study using people Jesus meets in the tgospels to illustrate Christian attitudes toward living and others. Contains study/discussion questions, a prayer and a focus for the week. Easy vocabulary to explore relationships. "To Jesus, the people were not common; they were special! Each was unique. Each was valued. Each was a child of God to be loved and respected. Jesus did not see them as second-rate. He did not shun them as outcasts, as though they were beneath him. He did not abuse them or exploit them or look down his nose at them. That is why the common people heard him gladly. To him, they were not common. He made them feel valuable, important, cherished, cared for, accepted, and loved. He met them where they were. He went to them and helped them."
The first novel based on Vampire: The Eternal Struggle collectible card game from Wizards of the Coast. It takes you deep into the World of Darkness, a world where vampires engage in the ultimate struggle for power under the cover of darkness.
People change all the time. But Chris Corin is noticing some pretty extreme changes in the people around him. His best friend is suffering from a strange Fever, and is Chris being stalked?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.