- Table View
- List View
Molly is ready for more nonstop, undead action in this follow-up to "Dead City," which "Kirkus Reviews "described as "a fast-paced read for those who like their zombies with just a little fright." When Molly Bigelow discovered that zombies shared New York with humans, she didn't think life could get more shocking. Then she learned that her mother was once one of the greatest zombie killers ever--and she discovered that her dead mother is not technically dead at all (although she isn't alive, either). Molly's efforts to keep these secrets and to help her Omega team track down the identity of the original thirteen zombies will take her from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade to New Year's Eve in Times Square. Her loyalties to friends and family will be put to the test. And her life will be changed in ways she never could have imagined.
The Hunger Games author Suzanne Collins says this paranormal action-adventure "breathes new life into the zombie genre" and has "a terrific twist of an ending."Most kids have enough to deal with between school, homework, extracurricular activities, and friends, but Molly Bigelow has something else on her list: hunting zombies. By day, Molly attends MIST--the Metropolitan Institute of Science and Technology--but outside the classroom she's busy dealing with the undead. Because not only do zombies exist, they're everywhere, and it's her job to help police them and keep the peace. Sure, she'd like to be a regular kid, but given that her mother was the most revered (or feared, depending on your perspective) zombie hunter in the history of New York City, "regular" just isn't possible. Molly's got some legendary footsteps to follow--and some undeadly consequences if she fails.
Raven is dying to meet Kwizz, the cute new jazz musician at school, so she comes up with a plan to invite him to a local jazz festival. There's only one problem: she doesn't have enough money to buy the tickets. When she takes a job at a psychic hotline to earn some extra cash, Raven, aka "Miss Tallulah," suddenly finds herself handing out phony predictions to everyone who calls in-including Kwizz! Can Miss Tallulah fool Kwizz into falling for Raven, or is Raven just fooling herself?
Cabdriver Jack Bruno (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) is about to go on the ride of his lifetime. When he picks up two teenagers named Seth and Sara (AnnaSophia Robb), he quickly discovers that their teenage angst is far from ordinary. Seth can pass through objects and Sara can move items with her mind (when she's not reading yours). The reason? They are from another planet and have crash-landed on Earth. Now, with Jack's help, they must recover their spaceship or risk the destruction of their planet ... and ours.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.