- Table View
- List View
This book helps students to identify and analyze the ethical and social responsibility of communicators; to identify the components of the communication process and their functions; to explain the importance of effective communication skills in personal, professional, and social contexts; to recognize audience as an important element in building responsible communication skills and to realize the importance and impact of both verbal and nonverbal communication.
Glencoe Speechis an introductory speech text for high school students. The text covers the full range of speech topics, from different types of interpersonal communication to preparing and presenting speeches to debate and parliamentary procedure, making it a good fit for all introductory speech classes. Glencoe Speechis authored by three leading high school speech teachers and debate coaches - Randall McCutcheon, James Shaeffer, and Joe Wycoff - and provides you with the most effective techniques and strategies for teaching speech/communication. Features include interviews with real people from a variety of occupations who describe how communication is involved in day to day activities. Glencoe Speechis an ideal text for both college prep and students making their way into the world of work.
Journalism Matters is designed to introduce your students into the world of working journalists. Every section of this engaging textbook will help prepare your students for the challenges of school newspapers, magazines, yearbooks, even television and radio programs. The theme of Journalism Matters is the ethical responsibility that journalists hold in today's multicultural community. This comprehensive text will give your students a broad overview of news media with rewarding activities and compelling examples.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.