52 playful and easy to understand activites to hhelp parents teach children moral lessons that they won't forget A child says, "I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." 10-Minute Life Lessons for Kids is a book about seeing and doing--a book that gives parents the ability to teach the powerful principles of honesty, trust, generosity, love, and other values. Children will discover the objectives themselves as they actively participate in fun games and activities. The games can be done in any order, with very little planning and with very few supplies--just common objects most people have around the house like toothpicks, string, pennies, or an apple. Some can be done while riding in the car, and others can be expanded to fill a whole evening with family fun. The activities in 10-Minute Life Lessons for Kids will not only create cozy and enjoyable moments of family togetherness, they will have a lasting impact on your growing child.
In this new volume, the authors of the bestselling Christmas Miracles, The Magic of Christmas Miracles, Mothers' Miracles, and A Gift of Miracles share more than thirty of the most transcendent and mystical true stories they have encountered of ordinary people whose lives were transformed by wondrous events, including: An Angel's Hand": A struck car spins wildly, sending the passenger door and seat belt flying. Yet the girl in the passenger seat is unhurt--miraculously held in place. A Path Through the Wilderness " Fleeing to freedom, a mother and son are led safely through a mine infested forest by a blessed nighttime apparition. Thanks Dad" A child receives visits from the grandfather who died years before she was born. Matchmaker in Heaven": A mysterious red-haired woman has some surprising insights into the personal ads. A Shaving Cream Surprise": A husband sends a tender message to his grieving widow.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.