Vintage Looks Meet Modern FashionDior's New Look silhouette. Jackie Kennedy's sheath dress. Madonna's bustier. Fashion trends come and go, but certain iconic styles never fade. Make them for yourself with BurdaStyle's new guide to sewing fashion through the decades. Five adaptable master patterns for tops, dresses, and pants are transformed into nineteen unique projects for both women and men that draw inspiration from key fashion moments. These influential looks--from the Roaring Twenties to the Awesome Eighties--are all modernized and reinterpreted for today's sewing enthusiasts. BurdaStyle, the world's largest online community of people who sew, is synonymous with stylish sewing and high-quality patterns. In this follow-up to The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook, they provide step-by-step instructions and techniques for customizing the enclosed master patterns into new design variations, all perfectly fitted for you. You'll also get a taste of fashion history--the essential designers, signature trends, and style icons from each era--to help you channel your inner Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, or Yves Saint Laurent. BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern combines the best of fashion from the past with an updated approach to sewing. Whether you prefer a slim-fit pant, the perfect men's button-down, or a versatile shift dress, this book offers a classic collection that will last you a lifetime.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.