- Table View
- List View
I know some Big Words. I'll teach them to you. Although you are small, you can use Big Words too. Big Words aren't scary. They're big fun to learn. I was taught once and now it's your turn. The eighth hilarious picture book by the #1 New York Times bestselling team of Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell helps little people communicate in a big person's world. With grown-up words like cooperate, respect, patience and considerate, a big, boisterous and zany family celebrates the power of language and discovers that words--big or little--are the bridge that connects us all.
Celebrate liking yourself! Through alternating points of view, a girl's and a boy's, Jamie Lee Curtis's triumphant text and Laura Cornell's lively artwork show kids that the key to feeling good is liking yourself because you are you. Like the duo's first New York Times best-seller, Today I Feel Silly and Other Moods That Make My Day, this is an inspired book to rejoice in and share. I'm Gonna Like Me will have kids letting off some self-esteem in no time!
Is there really a human race? Is it going on now all over the place? When did it start? Who said, "Ready, Set, Go"? Did it start on my birthday? I really must know. With all these questions, our hero's imagination is off and running. Is the human race an obstacle course? Is it a spring? Does he get his own lane? Does he get his own coach? Written with Jamie Lee Curtis's humor and heart and illustrated with Laura Cornell's wordly wit, IS THERE REALLY A HUMAN RACE? is all about relishing the journey and making good choices along the way--because how we live and how we love is how we learn to make the world a better place, one small step at a time.
It's hard to be five. Just yelled at my brother. My mind says do one thing, my mouth says another. * It's fun to be five! Big changes are here! My body's my car, and I'm licensed to steer. * Learning not to hit? Having to wait your turn? Sitting still?! It's definitely hard to be five, but Jamie Lee Curtis's encouraging text and Laura Cornell's playful illustrations make the struggles of self-control a little bit easier, and a lot more fun!
My mommy hung the moon. She tied it with string. My mommy's good at EVERYTHING. The ninth children's book by the #1 New York Times bestselling team of Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell is a celebration of unconditional love between mother and child. Mommy is the best at everything: Not only does she carpool, untangle kites, steal bases, and bake cookies, she also seems to light up the sun with her love. Written straight from the heart and illustrated with tender hilarity, My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story is a keepsake that defines the magical relationship a mother has with her son or daughter. So grab the little one you love, and rejoice as the ordinary moments of everyday life become extraordinary because of the magic of mother love.
Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born presents a unique, exuberant story about adoption and about the importance of a loving family.
A child's moods range from silliness to anger to excitement, coloring and changing every day.
"When I was little, I could hardly do anything. But now I can do lots of things, like braid my own hair and go to nursery school. I'm not a baby anymore. I'm me!" Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell perfectly capture a little girl's simple, childlike celebration of herself, as she looks back on her childhood from the lofty height of four and a half years. This spirited view of growing up is perfect for the youngest readers.
A wistful book, mostly in rhyme, of what happens with balloons that get away.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.