- Table View
- List View
For use in schools and libraries only. With themes relevant to children and parents alike, these entertaining picture books follow Mama Bear, Papa Bear and their three children as they encounter everyday adventures.
Will Papa Bear or the Bear Scout guide book get the scouts through all of their camping activities? Young readers will enjoy reading this book aloud. This file should make a fine embossed braille copy.
From the book: Almost everything small bears and kids need to know about... the animals the plants the earth itself with actual facts about frogs, possums, birds, fish, trees, rocks, ladybugs, earthquakes.... and lots more
An acrobatic act begins with one bear on a unicycle and ends with twenty-one bears and sixteen wheels flying through the air.
Illus. in full color. Papa Bear demonstrates his seaside safety rules--with disastrous results. From the Hardcover edition.
Sister Bear is upset by all the attention her new baby sister is receiving. This book contains picture descriptions. Other books about The Berenstain Bears are available from Bookshare.
When Mama turns her quilt-making hobby into a business, the Bear family worries that she won't have time for them. But as everyone pitches in to help her, they realize that things aren't so different after all--and they're prouder of Mama than ever!
After watching a scary movie, both Brother and Sister Bear are troubled by nightmares until Mama and Papa explain what causes bad dreams.
Sister Bear enjoys biting her nails and we all know that biting nails is a bad habit. All of the Berenstain Bear family teams up to help Sister Bear kick her habit and keep those nails intact.
Sister Bear is over at Lizzy Bruin's house watching Trouble at Big Bear High--a big-cubs' video that they probably shouldn't even be looking at--in which two teen bears are having an argument. When one of them gets really really angry, he says a certain word. It's a word Sister has never heard before. At dinner that night Sister tries out this brand-new, stronger-sounding word. When Mama Bear recovers her senses, she has to explain to Sister all about a certain kind of word. It's the kind of word that nobody, not even adults and certainly not cubs, should use at any time, no matter how upset or angry they are.
When Sister Bear asks her mother about God, Mama tries to explain. They go to services at the chapel in the woods and other bears thank God for different things.
The kite contest is today, but the bears have no kite. Read along as they make the kite, take it to the contest, and discover just how well their homemade kite will fare against the other more fancy varieties.
"Over, under, around and through went Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue", but Brother Bear in his little red car slowly but surely wins out in this tortoise-and-hare story. Full-color illustrations. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
When Brother Bear gets a brand-new bike, he's all set to ride it-that is, after Papa Bear shows him the rules of the road.
Who's to blame? That's what everyone always wants to know. But the kernel of wisdom at the heart of this latest First Time Book is who really cares? Because -- let's face it -- there's always enough blame to go around. What matters is how we work together to fix the problem.
When Sister Bear takes a beating from Tuffy, the new cub in town, she learns a valuable lesson in self-defense--and forgiveness. A helpful tool for both parents and children in dealing with school bullies. Full color. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
Brother Bear and Farmer Ben enjoy a watermelon together and teach Too-Tall Grizzly and his gang that stealing is not a good idea. Includes picture descriptions. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
When the Eager Beavers move into town, the Berenstain Bears decide to clean up their lazy act and teach the Beavers a thing or two about having fun.
As far as Sister Bear is concerned, there's a whole lot to like about school--her classmates, her teacher, and even the schoolwork. If it weren't for gym class, things would be perfect. All those jumping jacks and deep knee bends make Sister hot, sweaty, and sore. But when a slight twist of fate gives her the chance to sit on the sidelines, will Sister stretch the truth instead of her arms?
Brother Bear learns about fear and getting back in the saddle when a ghost haunts the horse riding academy.
Papa Bear's attempt to scare a band of young campers by telling them about ghosts in the woods comes to an unexpected conclusion with a double ghost lesson.
Brother and Sister bear are in for a thrilling surprise when they discover their Gran has a long lost and hidden secret perfect for a school talent show.
Brother, Sister and Cousin Bear all want to get their scouting Good Deed merit badges.Follow them and Papa Bear through their community.
Illustrated in full color. Sister can't believe the gift Brother gets for his birthday--it's the biggest, shiniest three-speed bike she's ever seen! She may not be big enough to reach the pedals, but she wants that bike! The evils of jealousy become clear in a nightmare in which a green-eyed monster convinces Sister to prove that she can ride the bike. But look out! Sister--and the bike--are headed for trouble.
When Brother gets in trouble for not doing his homework, he learns that his father isn't perfect. Father and son learn a lesson together in this classic children's book.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.