- Table View
- List View
In recent years biocompatible polymers for injuries and wounds have seen advances and innovations that have outpaced the growing field's literature. In this book Dr. Jan W. Gooch, a National Research Council Research Associateship Award recipient, reveals how innovative polymer technology can be applied to the common combat and trauma wounds associated with damaged soft tissue and bleeding. The scope of his investigation spans four distinct devices for wounds, liquid and particulate barrier dressings for soft tissue wounds, sutureless tissue adhesives, antibacterial nanoemulsions, one-hand operated and automatic tourniquets for the battlefield.
This reference, in its second edition, contains more than 7,500 polymeric material terms, including the names of chemicals, processes, formulae, and analytical methods that are used frequently in the polymer and engineering fields. This lavishly illustrated title includes an appendix of biochemical and microbiological terms, thus offering previously unpublished material making the book distinct from all competitors. Supplementary material such as audio files with pronuncitions of each term may be found on the Springer website Interactive equations posted on the author's website bring important relationships to life. Each succinct entry offers a broadly accessible definition as well as cross-references to related terms.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.