- Table View
- List View
In recent years biocompatible polymers for injuries and wounds have seen advances and innovations that have outpaced the growing field's literature. In this book Dr. Jan W. Gooch, a National Research Council Research Associateship Award recipient, reveals how innovative polymer technology can be applied to the common combat and trauma wounds associated with damaged soft tissue and bleeding. The scope of his investigation spans four distinct devices for wounds, liquid and particulate barrier dressings for soft tissue wounds, sutureless tissue adhesives, antibacterial nanoemulsions, one-hand operated and automatic tourniquets for the battlefield.
This reference, in its second edition, contains more than 7,500 polymeric material terms, including the names of chemicals, processes, formulae, and analytical methods that are used frequently in the polymer and engineering fields. This lavishly illustrated title includes an appendix of biochemical and microbiological terms, thus offering previously unpublished material making the book distinct from all competitors. Supplementary material such as audio files with pronuncitions of each term may be found on the Springer website Interactive equations posted on the author's website bring important relationships to life. Each succinct entry offers a broadly accessible definition as well as cross-references to related terms.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.