- Table View
- List View
The paleo trend is here to stay. From Practical Paleo to Everyday Paleo to Paleo Comfort Foods , readers are clamoring for healthier, tastier recipes. And it's not just fitness enthusiasts; millions of men and women are looking for low carb, nutritious meals for weight loss and better all- around health, using natural, unprocessed ingredients that our Paleolithic ancestors ate for generations. With its emphasis on grain- free and dairy- free recipes, families with gluten or lactose intolerances also benefit from the Paleo diet.Healthy eating expert Jane Barthelemy, whose Paleo Desserts has established her as a go-to - source for easy grain- free indulgences, now turns to breakfast--one of the more difficult meals for Paleo eaters. Barthelemy's recipes are the perfect solution for special diets, such as allergen- free, celiac, diabetic, and anti- candida. What's more, the recipes- even the ones for breakfast sweets replace any refined sugar with high- quality, low- carb natural sweeteners.With 150 easy favorites like baked eggs in avocado with bacon, Paleo bread, lemon poppyseed muffins, and blueberry cobbler in a cup, all reinvented Paleo and gluten- free, these recipes are so healthy and delicious no one will ever guess they're "alternative."<P> Advisory: Bookshare has learned that this book offers only partial accessibility. We have kept it in the collection because it is useful for some of our members. To explore further access options with us, please contact us through the Book Quality link on the right sidebar. Benetech is actively working on projects to improve accessibility issues such as these.
Now you can have your cake and be paleo, too! The Paleolithic diet and lifestyle--based on eating hunter/gatherer foods for optimal health--has surged in popularity, but with grains, dairy, and refined sugars off the menu, indulging isn't easy.Paleo Desserts is the first comprehensive cookbook of its kind: everyone's favorite desserts now made Paleo friendly, lower carb, and gluten free. Providing 125 mouthwatering, easy-to-follow recipes from brownies to milkshakes, Jane Barthelemy serves up treats to satiate even the biggest caveman sweet tooth.Recipes include Raspberry Crumble Bars, Tiramisu, Black Forest Cherry Pie, Lemon-Berry Parfait, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Whipped Coconut Crème, and more. Paleo Desserts includes a color-photo insert and ingredient lists for simplified shopping.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.