Little One is a lovable and curious boy who enjoys counting things one by one. Readers learn the concept of the number one while they follow Little One on his busy day filled with counting friendly animals and familiar objects.
Meet Little v and see what she does with things that start with v. Pretty soon she has so many she has to share with friends!
Traces the process by which wheat is grown, cut, ground into different kinds of flour, and baked into bread. Includes a recipe for whole wheat muffins.
Traces the process by which oranges are grown, picked, and squeezed into orange juice. Includes instructions for making your own orange juice and growing your own orange tree.
Word Bird goes for a walk in the country with his father and asks a lot of questions about what he sees. They visit a forest, a field, a farm, and have a picnic and go to the zoo.
After a trip to the museum, Word Bird and his classmates have a Dinosaur Day at school. Several species of dinosaurs are introduced, as well as a basic lesson on overcoming fears.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.