- Table View
- List View
Inspired by mediations on 2 Corinthians 3: 18, Rubietta uses personal story, study of Scripture, and people's experiences with Jesus to explain what the apostle Paul meant about moving from glory to glory and being transformed.
For every reader who's bought into the idea of working harder, doing more, smiling bigger, or running faster to get more out of life-and then faced disappointment, fatigue, or the unnerving unexpected, award-winning author Jane Rubietta offers relief and irresistible promise.Her fresh approach to fifteen of Jesus's familiar but too-often forgotten invitations in the New Testament remind readers of His promise that: Life can be better, more sure and satisfying, more beautiful, and truly tasty-not just someday, in heaven, but here and now.With humor, unforgettable experiences, and gracious encouragement, Jane plumbs Scripture to bring alive these invitations of help, hope, and the refuge of Home. She takes readers on an exploration of the fifteen times in Scripture that Jesus invites followers to come-for relief, light, help, hope, and even breakfast. Jane then offers engaging ideas and tangible things readers can do to draw near to these promises.Come Closer is an invitation to a richer, more spiritual life-an invitation that will open readers' eyes to the love and feast God intends every soul to experience.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.