- Table View
- List View
Eating for Diabetes: A Handbook and Cookbook--With More Than 125 Delicious, Nutritious Recipes to Keep You Feeling Great and Your Blood Glucose in Checkby Jane Frank
Diet plays a central (even the central) role in how every person with diabetes manages his or her condition each day. While much is known about diabetes, exactly what everyone who has the condition should be eating continues to generate enormous debate among medical and nutrition professionals. Now, in Eating for Diabetes, nutritional therapist Jane Frank provides a complete overview of the best diet for people with diabetes. Based on the very latest diabetes nutrition research, Frank provides nutritional guidelines (including detailed information on the glycemic index and glycemic load), a menu planner, shopping advice, and over 125 delicious, nutritious recipes that cover every meal of the day: breakfast, snacks and drinks, soups and starters, beans and grains, poultry and fish, vegetables and salads, and desserts. Frank puts particular emphasis on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and provides with each recipe a complete nutritional analysis, including its GI and GL levels. This all-in-one up-to-date cookbook and healthful eating guide is an important, vital new addition to the diabetes cookbook shelf.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.