- Table View
- List View
With dreams bigger than Silver Lake, Texas, Kate Wallace left a trail of heartbreak when she headed for the big city. Now, her goals unmet, she's returned home. Silver Lake has gone on without her--so has Rob Chambers, the boy she left behind. Now a man, the single dad has a beautiful daughter. Kate knows he wants the same things she does--love and family--but he's built a wall she can't break down. In spite of the past, can Kate reach Rob and teach him to trust her? Will their faith bring them together so they can find love again?
In the middle of a busy hospital emergency room, Dr. Ana Ramirez couldn't help but notice orderly Mike Fuller's quick skills and impressive bedside manner. And, yes, his very good looks. So she proposed a simple cup of coffee to talk about his future, never expecting to find herself wishing she were a part of it. . . But until Fuller could talk about his past -- about family secrets, sacrifices and the faith that pulled him through -- his future was on hold. As was any relationship with Ana. Or was it?
Once again, the Widows of Butternut Creek are determined to find a bride for Pastor Adam. This time, their candidate is as gun shy as the pastor! A traumatic experience as a college freshman has left Gussie Milton 'once bitten, twice shy.' Although she'd like a relationship, she's frightened, so she's thrown herself into caring for her aging parents, her photography business, and her church. In the eyes of Miss Birdie and her friend Mercedes, aka 'the Widows,' Gussie would make their young pastor the perfect wife. And though the attraction proves mutual, first Gussie's past and then the pastor's hopes for the future threaten to keep them apart. Can the Widows' meddling be the catalyst that changes the couple's lives forever?
Determined to start her life over, ex-con Francie Calhoun looks to parole officer Brandon Fairchild for help--and soon finds herself very attracted to the distrustful bachelor. Original.
Second chances are rare in Annie MacAllister's life, and the sudden opportunity to pose as a respectable schoolteacher is too good to pass up. Annie plans to stay in the friendly Texas town of Trail's End just long enough to earn money for a new start. But she never dreams that in helping herself, she would help her students--and the one man who could uncover her truth. . . As Trail's End's most righteous citizen, John Sullivan thinks that believing in God is only about right and wrong. But he's challenged by the new schoolteacher's unconventional methods--and her unexpected past. Now, he and Annie will need some divine forgiveness to reignite their faith. . . and find a future together.
The ladies of Butternut Creek Christian Church known as the Widows have always taken pride in their infallible matchmaking. They've succeeded again, and having found the perfect wife for Pastor Adam, they're ready to start planning the wedding. The one problem is that Adam has yet to propose. Clearly he still needs their help. Meanwhile, Adam's sister Hannah, a doctor, has returned from work in refugee camps, exhausted from the horrors she's seen. Though physically weak, Hannah becomes animated when verbally sparring with Gabe Borden, the high school basketball coach. The Widows, however, see sparks of a different kind between them and are soon up to their matchmaking ways once again.
Upon his arrival, Butternut Creek Christian Church's newly-minted minister is met by a welcome committee led by Miss Birdie and her friend Mercedes, a.k.a. "the Widows." Their first order of business, to educate him on how things should be done, quickly gives way to a campaign to find him a wife. When their matchmaking efforts fizzle, the Widows turn to another new bachelor. Amputee and Afghan vet Sam simply wants to be left alone-- a desire that's as good as a red flag to the Widows! Soon they're scheming to pair him up with Willow, his beautiful physical therapist, a divorced mother of two who is afraid of commitment, Perrine's small-town tale is a big-time triumph of gentle humor, fast-paced plot, and wonderfully engaging characters.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.