- Table View
- List View
From cars and tools to housing and childcare, many people would like to share resources but don't know how-or where-to start. The Sharing Solution is a timely practical and legal guide that explains how to create and maintain successful sharing arrangements while addressing common concerns about liability, communication, and more. This book will help anyone share: Meals and food, through bulk buying clubs, meal-sharing arrangements, community gardens, neighborhood fruit harvests, and more Household goods, from tools and toys to appliances and exercise equipment Cars, by sharing a car with a neighbor, starting or joining a car-sharing group, carpooling, or ride-sharing Caregiving, whether for pets, children, older family members, or relatives with disabilities Business resources, such as office supplies, equipment, space, and even employees Housing, whether by sharing a house, retrofitting a home to accommodate two households, or joining a cohousing community The Sharing Solution speaks to Americans' growing desire to not only live more sustainably, but also save money and create stronger communities. Sharing is a simple step anyone - young or old, rich or poor - can take, right now, to make a difference. Who can benefit from sharing? Busy parents looking for help with meals or pet care Retirees who are looking to share needed services Anyone concerned about the environment and wants to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle. Anyone who wishes to purchase property but can't afford a single-family home Professionals who work in community development Low-income families or those who require - or desire - a purchase that they cannot single-handedly afford The authors, attorneys Janelle Orsi and Emily Doskow, bring a visionary spirit to developing practical, logistical, and legal frameworks for many types of sharing arrangements. In the book, you will find: Sample written agreements for many kinds of sharing arrangements Step by step instructions for creating a sharing plan and sorting out logistics Legal explanations that are clear and accessible Ideas and examples of the creative ways that groups around the country have formed successful sharing arrangements Tips for communicating with your sharing partners and handling disputes Resources to help you find sharing partners, join existing sharing groups, and learn about helpful groups and organizations Useful checklists, charts, tables, and much more The ultimate beauty of sharing is that it's a solution we create for ourselves. It's not a government program, nor is it the "latest and greatest" product marketed to us on billboards. It's a solution based on our own needs and lifestyles, in our own communities. It's a way for each of us to shape our own lives in positive ways and simultaneously benefit the world as a whole. In that respect, sharing is more than a simple trend: Some might even say our society is moving toward a sharing revolution. We hope you'll use The Sharing Solution to become part of it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.