Here's what Web designers need to know to create dynamic, database-driven Web sites To be on the cutting edge, Web sites need to serve up HTML, CSS, and products specific to the needs of different customers using different browsers. An effective e-commerce site gathers information about users and provides information they need to get the desired result. PHP scripting language with a MySQL back-end database offers an effective way to design sites that meet these requirements. This full updated 4th Edition of PHP & MySQL For Dummies gets you quickly up to speed, even if your experience is limited. Explains the easy way to install and set up PHP and MySQL using XAMPP, so it works the same on Linux, Mac, and Windows Shows you how to secure files on a Web host and how to write secure code Packed with useful and understandable code examples for Web site creators who are not professional programmers Fully updated to ensure your code will be compliant based on PHP 5. 3 and MySQL 5. 1. 31 Provides clear, accurate code examples PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 4th Edition provides what you need to know to create sites that get results. Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
If you want to build dynamic Web sites that encourage users to interact with them, PHP and MySQL are among the best tools you'll find. PHP is a scripting language designed specifically for use on the Web, while MySQL is a database management system that works with it perfectly. Best of all, they're free. It's hard to beat that combination!PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is kind of one-stop shopping for the information you need to get up and running with these tools and put them to good use. It's divided into six handy minibooks that cover setting up your environment, PHP programming, using MySQL, security, PHP extensions, and PHP Web applications. They make it easy to create a Web site where visitors can sign on, use shopping carts, complete forms, and do business with your business.It's easy to find what you need in this handy guide. You'll discover how to:Find and acquire all the tools you need and set up your development environmentBuild PHP scripts to make your Web site workCreate a MySQL database that visitors can accessSummarize and sort data resultsDesign and implement user access controlBuild a shopping cart applicationCreate extensions that make your site more usefulWith PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies by your side, you'll be a Web site guru before you know it!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.