- Table View
- List View
Major medical breakthroughs are enabling more and more men to survive prostate cancer. Once a deraded killer, the disease can today be managed with a wide range of powerful new strategies. Now this lifesaving guide by Dr. Patrick Walsh and award-winning science writer Janet Farrar Worthington offers a message of hope to all those facing this illness. Learn: The risk factors of prostate cancer, including heredity, diet, and envrionment Why a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, grains, and less red meat may help prevent or delay prostate cancer Why the digital rectal exam and PSA test might save your life The latest treatment options--from Dr. Walsh's "nerve-sparing" radical prostatectomy to new radiation techniques and promising drugs for advanced prostate cancer Effective methods for recovering continence and potency after treatment. "The ultimate book on the No. 1 men's disease in the world...should be in every man's home." --USA Today "All men--and their loved ones--battling or concerned about prostate cancer should read this book." --Publisher's Weekly "Comforting, encouraging...a must-read for women, men, and families...tells you everything you need to know." --Elizabeth Dole "Dr. Walsh is widely regarded as the nation's finest prostate cancer surgeon... Very current...thoroughgoing primer on the disease, full of accessible but detailed explanations." --Washington Post
This guide covers every aspect of prostate cancer, from potential causes including diet to tests for diagnosis, curative treatment, and innovative means of controlling advanced stages of cancer.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.