Spunky is like most other puppies--curious and frisky, and always creating mischief. Even though he stumbles into trouble a lot, he still manages to warm his way into the hearts of his family. They can't help but love their silly dog. But one day, Spunky's curiosity leads to serious danger, and he finds himself far from home with no hope of getting back. Will his family find him in time? It takes a lesson in obedience to teach Spunky that rules are not meant to be broken.
While drinking tea and watching life pass from her front porch, during a break from packing to move to the city, Cassie remembers her life, from her girlhood days with her best friend to her marriage, her move to a new location, the births of her children and theirs after them, and traumas that tried her faith, but left her strong.
Having survived the harshness of their first year in the far Northwest, Elizabeth and Wynn, her Royal Canadian Mountie, now face new challenges, make new friends, start a new school and are presented with a new posting. Will their love for each other, hope for the future and their faithin God carry them through a crushing disappointment? The lovely young schoolteacher from the east has become a frontier woman--or has she?
Young, pretty, cultured and educated, Elizabeth's upbringing in a well-to-do family had not prepared her for a teaching job on the Canadian frontier.
Elizabeth, the lovely young eastern schoolteacher, has braved the western frontier and spent a year teaching in a one-room schoolhouse. Now she and Wynn, her Royal Canadian Mountie, are planning their wedding and their new life together at his outpost in the far north. Will their love for each other sustain them through a harsh winter, loneliness and the rigors of life without any of the conveniences they have been accustomed to?
Leaving behind their dear friends in Beaver Creek, Elizabeth and Wynn take over an even more primitive outpost in the Canadian Northwest.
a young man's Faith is put to the test when a teacher with strange ideas comes to town, bringing his pretty daughter. A story about the bonds of family and the strength of faith and good friends.
The trauma of her father coming home drunk and mean had been repeated as long as Damaris could remember. The idea that she no longer needs to tolerate this, that she's old enough to manage on her own, is planted in her mind and grows. When the opportunity to run away arrives, she carries with her the strength of her mother's love. But Damaris can't escape the "aloneness" that haunts her life or the bitterness she feels when she sees others suffering, particularly children. Two treasures hidden for years from her father are Damaris' only legacy from her past. That and her name. Her mother said it had a special meaning that she can no longer remember. What difference might it make?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.