- Table View
- List View
We live in a world of instant and constant communication, yet business still demands that we choose our words carefully and express ourselves clearly. Whether you're sending a quick IM or a formal proposal, 1001 Business Letters for All Occasions ensures that you'll convey your message effectively.Inside you'll find proven templates and model letters for every type of business situation-and text format-including:Sales pitches that land the accountPress releases to guarantee you media coverageCustomer service letters that build customer trust and loyaltyCollection requests to ensure prompt paymentInternal corporate memos to update employees on important changesEmail, text messaging, and instant messaging protocols that save time and resourcesWhether communicating with internal staff or corresponding with customers and clients, it's never been easier to write the perfect business letter.Corey Sandler is the author of more than 160 books on business, travel, and computer topics. He has served as the editor-in-chief of two national magazines and as a correspondent for the Associated Press and Gannett Newspapers. He has appeared on Today, CNN, FOX, and dozens of local radio and television show. He has college degrees in journalism and psychology. He lives in Nantucket, MA.Janice Keefe is the coauthor of 1001 Letters for All Occasions, Performance Appraisals That Work, and The Performance Appraisals Phrase Book. She lives in Nantucket, MA.
Dear Reader, Welcome to fictional Smalltown, Ohio--where every resident knows how to write clear, concise, attention-grabbing letters. With more samples than any other book, 1001 Letters for All Occasions is the resource any time written communication is in order. Letters are still the best way to communicate, and the residents of Smalltown are happy to share their best examples with you. We provide letters for every personal and business need, including apologies, business proposals, complaints, congratulations, cover letters, invitations, condolences, thanks, and travel letters in three languages. Whether you are writing to your bank, your child's school, or a large government agency, our picture-perfect sample letters will get you the response you want! Sincerely, Corey Sandler and Janice Keefe
Easy-to-use templates for challenge communications
Every day, people find themselves in legal situations. Mortgages are put in place, attorneys draw up wills, and credit cards are set up all the time. However, how many people actually understood the legal contracts they were signing? There's no excuse for being ignorant of the law when it comes to a dispute with a bank, a mortgage lender, or a lawyer. This book defines 1,000 essential words from the worlds of civil law, estates, lending, and elder affairs, such as abatement, residuary beneficiary, trust deed, variable rate mortgage, right of rescission, and more. Each word will be clearly defined, and includes a pronunciation key and an example of usage. This guide ensures you will know the law in no time!
Featuring concise sections on how to write the evaluation, handle tricky legal issues, and verbally discussing the evaluation, this invaluable book also includes a cross-referenced directory of thousands of words and phrases appropriate for any type of written evaluation.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.