- Table View
- List View
Get your mission-critical systems up and running quickly with this essential, single-volume guide to administering Windows Server 2003--fully updated for Service Pack 1 and R2. This comprehensive administrator's reference details operating system features and capabilities, and provides easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics for on-the-job-results. Discover how to: Create a deployment roadmap and complete an upgrade or a new installation NEW--Implement customized server scripts to help automate administration tasks UPDATED--Learn tools and techniques for installing and configuring Active Directory UPDATED--Manage TCP/IP-based networks, including DHCP, DNS, and WINS servers UPDATED--Configure and support Network Load Balancing clusters and server clusters NEW--Set up a wireless network that helps meet your security requirements NEW--Extend interoperability with legacy systems, including UNIX and Linux NEW--Deploy and configure Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 Monitor, tune, maintain, and repair your system CD features: Scripts that you can adapt to your own work Scriptomatic 2.0 scripting tool Windows Script Host (WSH) 5.6 Help files Microsoft OLE Viewer administration and testing tool Fully searchable eBook A Note Regarding the CD or DVD The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.