- Table View
- List View
Bone Pathology is the second edition of the book, A Compendium of Skeletal Pathology that published 10 years ago. Similar to the prior edition, this book complements standard pathology texts and blends new but relatively established information on the molecular biology of the bone. Serving as a bench-side companion to the surgical pathologist, this new edition reflects new advances in our understanding of the molecular biology of bone. New chapters on soft-tissue sarcomas and soft-tissue tumors have been added as well as several additional chapters such as Soft-tissue pathology and Biomechanics. The volume is written by experts who are established in the field of musculoskeletal diseases. Bone Pathology is a combined effort from authors of different specialties including surgeons, pathologists, radiologists and basic scientists all of whom have in common an interest in bone diseases. It will be of great value to surgical pathology residents as well as practicing pathologists, skeletal radiologists, orthopedic surgeons and medical students.
With the advent of new technologies, the field of musculoskeletal radiology has grown to include not only diseases that affect the skeleton, but also those that affect muscles, ligaments, tendons and also the cartilaginous structures within joints. Diagnostic Imaging of Musculoskeletal Diseases: A Systematic Approach is a useful and worthy teaching text that is at once readable by the radiology resident rotating through the musculoskeletal radiology and thorough enough to be used by the practicing radiologist. Written by authors who are well established in the field of musculoskeletal radiology and pathology, this volume provides readers with a practical and systematic approach to think about diagnosis of pathologic conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, thus making the material easier to learn and synthesize. Chapters are organized by major categories of disease: trauma, infection, tumors and tumor-like conditions, metabolic diseases, dysplastic diseases and arthritis. Additional chapters examine basic interventional techniques that apply to musculoskeletal imaging and in recognition of the importance of orthopedic procedures, information is included on the use, imaging, appearance, and pathology affecting prostheses and fixation devices. Diagnostic Imaging of Musculoskeletal Diseases: A Systematic Approach is an exceptionally important new text that contains information essential to the practice of modern radiology.
Essentials in Bone and Soft-Tissue Pathology is a concise and well-illustrated handbook that captures the salient points of the most common problems in bone and soft-tissue pathology. The volume includes the most important diagnostic features of common musculoskeletal lesions. This book is a short text directed primarily at residents in pathology and other individuals interested in the field of orthopedic pathology, including medical students, orthopedic surgeons, radiologists, and practicing pathologists who do not see these cases on a day to day basis.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.