- Table View
- List View
Designing engineering components that make optimal use of materials requires consideration of the nonlinear characteristics associated with both manufacturing and working environments. The modeling of these characteristics can only be done through numerical formulation and simulation, and this requires an understanding of both the theoretical background and associated computer solution techniques. By presenting both nonlinear continuum analysis and associated finite element techniques under one roof, Bonet and Wood provide, in the new edition of this successful text, a complete, clear, and unified treatment of these important subjects. New chapters dealing with hyperelastic plastic behavior are included, and the authors have thoroughly updated the FLagSHyP program, freely accessible at www. flagshyp. com. Worked examples and exercises complete each chapter, making the text an essential resource for postgraduates studying nonlinear continuum mechanics. It is also ideal for those in industry requiring an appreciation of the way in which their computer simulation programs work.
Many processes in materials science and engineering, such as the load deformation behaviour of certain structures, exhibit nonlinear characteristics. The computer simulation of such processes therefore requires a deep understanding of both the theoretical aspects of nonlinearity and the associated computational techniques. This book provides a complete set of exercises and solutions in the field of theoretical and computational nonlinear continuum mechanics and is the perfect companion to Nonlinear Continuum Mechanics for Finite Element Analysis, where the authors set out the theoretical foundations of the subject. It employs notation consistent with the theory book and serves as a great resource to students, researchers and those in industry interested in gaining confidence by practising through examples. Instructors of the subject will also find the book indispensable in aiding student learning.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.