- Table View
- List View
You are about to embark upon an amazing journey! In this text, you will take a deep look at the fascinating subject of chemistry. You will learn about the matter that makes up God's creation and how it changes. Although this course will be hard work, you will learn some truly incredible things.
Are you ready to be impressed? If not, you'd better get ready. Why? Because in this course, you are going to get a broad overview of God's creation. As you begin to learn its secrets, you will become more and more impressed with its majesty and complexity. The sheer grandeur of it all should leave you in awe of God's mighty power. If you learn nothing else in this course, learn to appreciate the wonder of God's creation! If you are like most students, this will be the first truly rigorous science course that you have ever taken. Thus, you might find it difficult to adjust to the time and patience required by a course like this. If you find yourself getting frustrated or discouraged, remember that whether you decide to go to college, go straight into the workforce, or get married and become a full time parent, there will be many tasks more rigorous than the experience of studying biology. Thus, you need to stick with it, because life is full of challenges!
The book is written directly to the student, making it appealing to kids. Presenting science concepts in a conversational, engaging style makes science enchanting and memorable for your students. It also fosters a love for learning. This course is written for children between six and twelve years old. When the course is complete, this book will serve as an excellent reference for your family's future questions and studies in botany. As a result, this book is a life-long investment!
What is chemistry? That's a very good question. Chemistry is, quite simply, the study of matter. Of course, this definition doesn't do us much good unless we know what matter is.
This course, designed to be a student's first systematic introduction to the sciences through Christian eyes, includes a history of science, the scientific method, and how to design an experiment. Subjects covered include simple machines, archaeology, geology, paleontology, biology, and human anatomy and physiology. Many hands-on experiments are included, all using basic household items.
This course will take you on an amazing journey! It will begin with a detailed discussion of the world around you and what makes it work. It will then take you out into the universe so that you may learn the majesty of God's Creation. Like anything worth doing, this course will be hard work, but in the end, you will find it interesting and (hopefully) enjoyable. From the inner-workings of atoms to the grandeur of galaxies, be prepared to be awed and amazed with what the creator has made for you!
Learn more about science and the natural world from a Christian perspective.
You will find this book to be an easy to use science curriculum for your whole family. The text is written directly to the student, making it very appealing to kids from six to thirteen. The material is presented in a conversational, engaging style that will make science enchanting and memorable for your students, creating an environment in which learning is a joy.
You will find this book to be an easy-to-use science curriculum for your whole family. The text is written directly to the student, making it very appealing to kids from six to thirteen. The material is presented in a conversational, engaging style that will make science enchanting and memorable for your students, creating an environment in which learning is a joy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.