- Table View
- List View
Are you ready to be impressed? If not, you'd better get ready. Why? Because in this course, you are going to get a broad overview of God's creation. As you begin to learn its secrets, you will become more and more impressed with its majesty and complexity. The sheer grandeur of it all should leave you in awe of God's mighty power. If you learn nothing else in this course, learn to appreciate the wonder of God's creation! If you are like most students, this will be the first truly rigorous science course that you have ever taken. Thus, you might find it difficult to adjust to the time and patience required by a course like this. If you find yourself getting frustrated or discouraged, remember that whether you decide to go to college, go straight into the workforce, or get married and become a full time parent, there will be many tasks more rigorous than the experience of studying biology. Thus, you need to stick with it, because life is full of challenges!
The book is written directly to the student, making it appealing to kids. Presenting science concepts in a conversational, engaging style makes science enchanting and memorable for your students. It also fosters a love for learning. This course is written for children between six and twelve years old. When the course is complete, this book will serve as an excellent reference for your family's future questions and studies in botany. As a result, this book is a life-long investment!
What is chemistry? That's a very good question. Chemistry is, quite simply, the study of matter. Of course, this definition doesn't do us much good unless we know what matter is.
This course, designed to be a student's first systematic introduction to the sciences through Christian eyes, includes a history of science, the scientific method, and how to design an experiment. Subjects covered include simple machines, archaeology, geology, paleontology, biology, and human anatomy and physiology. Many hands-on experiments are included, all using basic household items.
This course will take you on an amazing journey! It will begin with a detailed discussion of the world around you and what makes it work. It will then take you out into the universe so that you may learn the majesty of God's Creation. Like anything worth doing, this course will be hard work, but in the end, you will find it interesting and (hopefully) enjoyable. From the inner-workings of atoms to the grandeur of galaxies, be prepared to be awed and amazed with what the creator has made for you!
You will find this book to be an easy to use science curriculum for your whole family. The text is written directly to the student, making it very appealing to kids from six to thirteen. The material is presented in a conversational, engaging style that will make science enchanting and memorable for your students, creating an environment in which learning is a joy.
You will find this book to be an easy-to-use science curriculum for your whole family. The text is written directly to the student, making it very appealing to kids from six to thirteen. The material is presented in a conversational, engaging style that will make science enchanting and memorable for your students, creating an environment in which learning is a joy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.