- Table View
- List View
This high school textbook is designed to conform to the syllabus of the Advanced Placement Statistics course. Featuring simplified notation as well as coverage of advanced topics such as multiple regression, the text can be used in quarter or year-long courses. The text begins with an overview of the data analysis process from planning through interpretation of results, and then presents material according to the sequence of the data analysis process, with sections on collecting data and descriptive methods, probability, basic one- and two-sample inferential techniques, and more advanced inferential methodology. Most chapters include a section on interpreting and communicating results. Most exercises and activities involve real data from journal articles and other published sources, highlighting applications in many disciplines, such as college life, leisure and popular culture, medical science, social issues, and sports. A companion website offers graphic calculator instructions, plus data sets and applets for activities. This fourth edition contains 50 new examples and 270 new exercises. About 90 exercises now have video solutions online for download. Peck is affiliated with California Polytechnic State University. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.