- Table View
- List View
Like the frosting on the cupcake, or the tiara on the bride, a beautiful border is the finishing touch for a lovingly created afghan, whether knitted or crocheted. Borders can be elegant or whimsical, can match or contrast with the afghan, and can lift even the simplest afghan from ''ordinary'' into the ''very special'' category. If you usually depend upon fringe as an accent, you'll have fun experimenting with these 50 crochet borders by Jean Leinhauser. The borders can be worked with any weight of yarn that works well with the body of the afghan. For some designs, the number of colors used in a border also can be varied. General instructions are included for how to use the borders, work with stitch pattern multiples, and estimate yarn amounts.
Crochet Master Class presents 18 crochet techniques taught by some of the world's best crochet designers and instructors. Each chapter focuses on a different technique, inviting you to dip in, experiment, and then apply your newfound skills to create a custom piece designed by these crochet luminaries. You'll learn Hairpin Lace from Stitch Diva Jennifer Hansen, discover the intricate color work of tapestry crochet from Carol Ventura, and explore free-form crochet with renowned fiber artist Prudence Mapstone. Filled with expert instruction, inspiring stories, and projects created exclusively for this book, Crochet Master Class is your guide to the incredible range of crochet possibilities. Techniques include:Filet Crochet * Hairpin Lace * Tapestry Crochet * Aran Crochet * Entrelac Crochet * Fashion Crochet * Tunisian Crochet * Woven Crochet * Double-Ended Crochet * Tassels * Bullion Stitch * Overlay Crochet * Bead Crochet * Bruges Crochet * Painted Crochet * Free-Form Crochet * Irish Crochet * Wire CrochetFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.