- Table View
- List View
Like the frosting on the cupcake, or the tiara on the bride, a beautiful border is the finishing touch for a lovingly created afghan, whether knitted or crocheted. Borders can be elegant or whimsical, can match or contrast with the afghan, and can lift even the simplest afghan from ''ordinary'' into the ''very special'' category. If you usually depend upon fringe as an accent, you'll have fun experimenting with these 50 crochet borders by Jean Leinhauser. The borders can be worked with any weight of yarn that works well with the body of the afghan. For some designs, the number of colors used in a border also can be varied. General instructions are included for how to use the borders, work with stitch pattern multiples, and estimate yarn amounts.
Crochet Master Class presents 18 crochet techniques taught by some of the world's best crochet designers and instructors. Each chapter focuses on a different technique, inviting you to dip in, experiment, and then apply your newfound skills to create a custom piece designed by these crochet luminaries. You'll learn Hairpin Lace from Stitch Diva Jennifer Hansen, discover the intricate color work of tapestry crochet from Carol Ventura, and explore free-form crochet with renowned fiber artist Prudence Mapstone. Filled with expert instruction, inspiring stories, and projects created exclusively for this book, Crochet Master Class is your guide to the incredible range of crochet possibilities. Techniques include:Filet Crochet * Hairpin Lace * Tapestry Crochet * Aran Crochet * Entrelac Crochet * Fashion Crochet * Tunisian Crochet * Woven Crochet * Double-Ended Crochet * Tassels * Bullion Stitch * Overlay Crochet * Bead Crochet * Bruges Crochet * Painted Crochet * Free-Form Crochet * Irish Crochet * Wire CrochetFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.