- Table View
- List View
Creating stunning, professional-looking beaded jewelry is a snap with with Bead It with BeadworkInside you'll find 16 artisan projects featuring the attention-to-detail and clear instruction readers' have come to expect from Beadwork magazine. Each beautifully beaded necklace, pair of earrings, pin, and bracelet includes all the direction you'll need from tools to materials to step-by-step illustrations.With Bead It with Beadwork, you're just a few beads and strings away from creating unique jewelry you'll love to wear.
Featuring 32 techniques, this full-color guide includes precise instructions, clearly drawn illustrations, and beautiful photographs of a wide variety of projects, from bracelets, necklaces, and eyeglass chains to scarf edgings, bag fringes, and more.
These designs for a wide variety of bags from the beading world's top designers will amaze beginners as well as advanced beadworkers. These 30 projects include clutches, drawstring purses, wrist bags, amulet bags, and even a market bag. Featured are a variety of techniques leading to bags that are not only beautiful, but can often be completed in an evening or weekend, providing instant gratification. Included are tips to help start each project and clear demonstrations of each stitch used in the book. Each project includes information about the designer, giving a feel for the people in and the bead buzz surrounding this interesting and accessible community.
Beaders learn how to create bold and original finger jewelry quickly and easily with this guide to beadwork. Spectacular beading projects created by prominent designers are provided along with beautiful photography and clear step-by-step instructions. The gorgeous variety of stylish rings include flashy rhinestone coils and modest pattered tubes, flowers for the hand, crystal domes that catch the light, leopard skin and sea urchin rings, and a ring for one's chakra. The techniques used to create these fun and easy rings range from simple netting to peyote stitch.
Beginners and seasoned beadworkers alike will be thrilled to discover the 30 fun and stylish bracelets in this creative guide to beading jewelry. Clear, logical directions and easy-to-follow illustrations accompany each project, from simple bead stringing and wire working to more complex macramé, crochet, and off-loom weaving techniques. The flexible binding allows the book to lie flat while beaders work on hand-busying projects.
An enticing spectrum of designs - simple drops with sparkling vintage beads, flashy fringe inspired by the 1970s, free-form doodles, tasteful tassels, and delicate crosses made with Russian techniques - are featured in the projects included in this guide that focuses solely on the creation of earrings. Using a variety of popular beads, a potpourri of beading methods such as basic stringing, edging variations, netting, peyote stitch, right-angle weave, and wirework, and clear illustrations, this how-to shows beginners and those with more advanced skills how to simply and quickly create an assortment of drop, hoop, and chandelier earrings.
Beaders and jewelry-makers will love the 30 incredible projects for dazzling, draping, hand-beaded necklaces in this creative resource. From easy to advanced instruction, readers will find it exciting to create these beautiful designs with their own hands. Step-by-step directions are accompanied by simple illustrations, allowing beaders to master even the more complicated techniques.
The art of crafting beautiful string and bead creations is explained in this step-by-step guide for novice beaders. Everything the beginner needs to know, including information on selecting the appropriate beads at the store and a complete guide to basic stringing materials are provided, along with pointers on securing beading wires with crimps, tying knots, and working with findings. Twenty-five quick and simple projects will help build foundational technical skills and result in exciting bead creations such as charm bracelets and chandelier earrings. This resource guide gives readers the skills to create their own pieces.
Twelve newly-designed and never-before-published bead jewelry designs make their debut in this collection mined from Beadwork magazine's recent special issues on stringing. More than 50 elegant and trendy pieces from dozens of top jewelry designers include long delicate chains, chunky nugget strands, multistrand gemstone necklaces and bracelets, dramatic dangles, and chandelier earrings of every variety. The first tutorial, Stringing 101, introduces the stringing tricks of the trade used to create these pieces, while other lessons cover such methods as crimping and adding jump rings and clasps - all with insider design tips. This workbook's diverse photographs, illustrations, and instructions walk beaders of all skill levels through designs such as Dewdrops in the Grass, Ice Fall, and Tourmaline Tango, allowing them to simply follow the steps or adapt them into original creations of their own.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.