- Table View
- List View
This book was the first biology textbook to use concept modules to help students recognize and focus on the main ideas of each chapter. This book connects every single chapter to evolution, with highlights featured in green-tabbed Evolution Connection modules.
The aim of this book is to engage students from a wide variety of majors in the wonders of the living world. In this sixth edition the emphasis is on connections to our everyday world while also doing more to help students connect the concepts of biology to evolution.
Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections, Seventh Edition has undergone an extensive revision to make biology even more approachable with increased use of analogies, real world examples, and more conversational language.
The material in this Essential Biology, 4th edition is organized within four core areas: cells, genes, evolution, and ecology to help instructors and students focus on the most important areas of biology within a single semester.
Campbell Essential Biology, Fifth Edition makes biology interesting for non-major biology students. This best-selling book, known for its scientific accuracy and currency, makes biology relevant and approachable with increased use of analogies, real world examples, more conversational language, and intriguing questions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.