- Table View
- List View
The first cookbook from best-selling author Jonny Bowden! Jonny Bowden's "The Healthiest Meals on Earth" contains recipes for more than sixty dishes and drinks that use nutritious and healthy cooking methods.<P> Forty of these dishes will combine to create ten different "poly-meals", specially crafted meals that contain key nutrients found to promote long-term health. They include Sweet and Thai Spicy Shrimp and Fruits, Persian Chicken with Autumnal Accompaniments, and the "iron booster" of Tender Calf's Liver and Sweet Beets.<P> A "Healthiest Holiday Meal" features Citrus Stuffed Turkey, Zippy Fruit Salsa, and Sweet Potato Pie. The poly-meals are designed to be eaten three-to-five times a week. Another ten recipes are not part of the poly-meal structure; instead they are one-pot meals that include Slow-Cooker Chicken Curry, Miso Bean Soup, and Venison Stew.<P> A chapter on drinks will include nutritious smoothies, so-called "green drinks", and others. Jonny will provide healthy cooking tips throughout the book, as well as an analysis of the foods in each recipe. Side dishes, such as Cold Strawberry Soup and Veggie Slaw with Flax Oil, and desserts, such as Raw Chocolate Fondue, are also featured. This book pairs well with Bowden's successful "150 Healthiest Foods", and can even be used as a companion cookbook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.