- Table View
- List View
IT'S 5:30. DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S FOR DINNER? Long commutes and busy schedules leave us all wondering the same thing, but don't worry, because The 5:30 Challenge is the perfect solution to creating healthy and delicious meals in a snap! Forget the fast food and frozen packaged meals -- with just five easy-to-find ingredients you can have dinner on the table in thirty minutes or less every night, guaranteed. Based on the popular newspaper column from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, these tasty recipes are sure to appeal to any appetite, from hearty dinner entrees to satisfying seasonal salads, zesty soups, and chilies to tantalizing stir-fries, plus pizzas, pastas, and more. You won't believe how easy it is to make great meals such as: Lamb Shanks with Tomato and Mint Filet and Portobellos with Blue Cheese Cajun Chicken Pasta Mid-Week Madness Chili Polenta and Meatball Casserole Farfalle with Smoked Salmon and Spinach Fresh Tomato and Ricotta Pizza Trout Amandine Bacon, Tomato, and Avocado Quesadillas Tex-Mex Ribs Whether you're cooking for a hungry family or whipping up something for just one or two, The 5:30 Challenge is the ideal cookbook for creating a terrific meal without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. From kid-friendly to restaurant-style, each simple, streamlined recipe is designed for maximum flavor in minimum time. Each recipe has detailed nutritional information, as well as suggestions for substituting ingredients and using easy cooking shortcuts. In addition, there are recipes for quick and tasty desserts, plus helpful tips on shopping for quality convenience products and keeping the basics on hand for a quick meal anytime. For busy home cooks, The 5:30 Challenge is the answer to eating a great dinner every night and having plenty of time to enjoy it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.