EARLY CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IN THE LANGUAGE ARTS: EARLY LITERACY, Ninth Edition is a tried and true reference aiming to help produce teachers who matter, teachers who are prepared, and teachers who are knowledgeable companions in exploring and sharing literature and language experiences with young children. To achieve this, the book encourages reflective thinking, allows practice of skills, and inspires the collection of ideas for future use. Many new features in the ninth edition will equip readers with valuable information they can take directly into practice. The book includes the most current national legislative efforts, as well as attention to public concern and interest in young children's language and foundational literacy skills. It also thoroughly addresses the interrelation of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and viewing language arts areas. While taking a high-level view that paints a comprehensive picture of the most important aspects of teaching early literacy, the book also takes a practical approach. Readers will learn specific activities that include stories, poems, finger plays, and puppetry that they can use in a classroom setting. They also will learn curriculum for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, with the theory followed up by deliberate how-to suggestions. Cultural diversity is addressed, as well as program planning ideas for English language learners and special-needs children.
Early Childhood Experiences in Language Arts: Emerging Literacy is a must-have resource on language arts instruction for young children. Combining current research and appropriate early childhood practices, it fosters an understanding of how techniques and planned programs affect children's language development. Rich in examples and activities, no teacher, child care provider, or parent should be without this invaluable resource.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.